If you have been following our sound branding series of articles you will already be aware that Melody Pods believes in the great potential of using the right music to support and develop your in store business objectives.
With Melody Pods not only can we supply the right music for your business and provide a regular flow of new music that matches your sound brand brief, we can also help you define and design the music identity that will drive the sourcing of music for that flow of new music to you every month.
We have defined a consultative process that is simplified to create a quick and smooth turnaround in meeting your requirements and getting a music solution to you for you to decide ……
The process is as follows:
Phase One; Design Brief
- We have an online questionnaire we ask you to invest some time to enter as much detail as you can about your business. From this we will get a great start in understanding your business, your branding, your objectives in your business locations and your customers.
- Within 24 hours we will respond with any clarification we need and confirm that we can help. We will provide you with a design brief outline, a project plan for timescales. At this point we ask for a small fee which is refundable on any order for our music services.
The output of the Design Stage: The Design Brief & Sound Band Document
- We develop a design brief that will describe the objectives of the music and how this meets your business location objectives.
- We will include a design blueprint that will provide descriptions of the music we think matches your brand and why.
- In more detail we will describe the music and what it will aim to portray about your brand to your visiting customers.
- Within the mood board we will give examples of instruments, sounds and melodies for the branded sounds and music.
- The design brief will be discussed at your convenience and any additions or changes made at this stage.
Once any iteration is completed you will need to accept this design brief.
Phase Two; Operational Planning And Pilot Music
Once accepted we ask you to give us more detail in terms of:
- Your business operations, such as total daily working hours.
- If possible, define your customers by period of the day (e.g. morning, lunch, afternoon, evening).
- Plus any differences in the size and complexity of each business location (e.g. are some businesses focused on single selections of products or services whilst others are focused on a range of distinct and different services).
- Discuss with you any technology you will need to gain from a local supplier to support the playing of your music collections and include these items in your project plan.
Output of the Operational Plan & Pilot: The Music Delivery Project Plan
We will provide pilot collections of music with a project plan along for how to deliver the background music branding design across your business. The plan will include:
- Details of supply of pilot music collection from the design brief including details of media and distribution process,
- Recommendation for pilots process and testing against measurements for success,
- Project plan for reviews and terms for acceptance for full rollout
- measurements for success and supportive technology.
Phase Three: Full Production and Curation Of Branded Music Identity and Distribution Rollout
This is out last phase where all the careful planning and design work is finally implemented across your business. All the testing and piloting has been completed and you can now phase a rollout across your business at the speed you determine. Whilst the setting up of any technology required will be left for you to manage we will be focused on producing the first selection of collections subject to the design brief and continue to curate ready for updating your music collections regularly.
Output: Launch Your Branded Music
Collections & Associated technology to support the playing of your branded background music in each business location.
Post Project Activities
After your full roll out we will be delivering you new music as specified in the Music Delivery Project Plan on an ongoing basis. We can set up reviews or have ad-hoc discussions when ever you gain important feedback or you wish to gain new support for changing business objectives. We are always here to help.
Phase Four: Gather Feedback and Data for Reviews and Tuning the Music Collections
You will need to gather data as outlined in the pilot brief to measure the effectiveness of the music collections. In addition we will provide a questionnaire for clients to be able to use to provide feedback (offering them some incentive would be a good idea at this point). The data will be passed to you via an automated feed. At pre agreed times we can get together to discuss the data and see what it tells us about success against the objectives, and agree plans to improve and develop where needed. Additionally, regular reviews will help plan new music collections as your business evolves and meets new and developing customer tastes.
What Is Your Music Identity?
We can help. In the new year we will add our starter form for collecting details about your brand and your customers to help build your sound identity. Please fill out as much of the form below so we can begin to understand your business.