Troubleshooting our mobile apps
Please note the following important information
Please only download our apps from our trusted distributor; Google Play.
We can not support jail broken devices as they will include additional issues we will not be able to test our app against. Please make sure you are using our app on a non-jailbroken device.
Please also see our help videos located here.
Also, please check out our regular tests of connecting and installing our music apps in stores using simple and the more complicated sound systems available to businesses here.
“I have been a customer for a while now but find I can no longer download my music update”
This problem can be due to a few possible reasons.
1) Please check that you have the latest version of the Android app which is published at our trusted distributors. Please do not download from any other unauthorised source. It is critical that you uninstall the old version of the software before you install the new version. A step by step guide video is located here.
2) Check your wi fi has a good download speed. You may be connected to a wi fi source but your download speed may not be high due to congestion or a failed Internet connection. Please try to download a few popular websites such as Google and BBC. If they are slow to download you have confirmed your Internet connection is the problem.
3) Has your subscription expired? if your subscription has expired you will not be able to download or play the music. Please log in to Melodypods to check the availability of your subscription.
4) If you have followed the above checks and still have a problem please contact us or use our live support service, we would be keen to help you.
“The Music Keeps Cutting Out”
1) If you are using some sort of network to transmit the music from our app to the sound system you need to make sure the signal (in the case of technologies such as Bluetooth and Wi Fi) are correctly set up and are strong.
2) Please also ensure you have your device connected to a power supply as over the working day your battery will fade and may risk cutting out your music.
3) If you are using an local area network technology such as ethernet and the Audio Over Ethernet standard to send your music from your player to the speakers you may find your music is competing with other network traffic. Additionally, if you offer an open connection to your business Wi Fi for staff and even customers you may need to consider partitioning your Wi Fi or creating a separate Wi Fi network specifically to route the music around your business to the speakers.
4) If you are using the music player directly connected to a sound system you have tested does not break up the sound by using an alternative sound source your problem may be due to your device having not enough processing capability to play the music plus any other applications that may be running in the background. On an Android device you can check what other apps are running by going to Settings/Applications and press the tab to view the apps that are currently running. Many of the applications might not be clear what they are but some may be recognisable to you from your own app downloads. By touching each app you can stop an app running from the menu that pops up.
Alternatively you can turn off your Android device and turn it on again which may stop some apps from running but others may be set to automatically open at wake up.
Either of the above may provide you with more processing availability to play the Melody Pods music without any problems. If problems persist please let us know although please be aware if your device is an older device you may need to consider getting a newer version which has better performance to cope with multiple applications running.
“I use my phone for both calls coming in and the music, how can I separate the two?”
Depending on your device and the technology you are using to play the music will determine if you can do both at the same time. For example, using Bluetooth for playing audio is fine and you can set the option in the Bluetooth setting screen to send the audio playing to a separate device than the audio from a phone call.
Please test out different situations before using the player in your business, in particular, text and other notifications may be better to be silent so they don’t risk being played over your business sound system.
I can’t download any additional collections
You may have run out of space on your internal memory. We set up our packages to provide the best balance between quality and volume of music. Clients with devices with more space available can download additional music collections of which some are inclusive of the monthly subscription. Please try to make more space available on your device by removing items you don’t need anymore or can do without on your business mobile such as videos, your personal music collection and also apps that may have large video or other types of files stored in them.
Please give us a call if you are still having problems. We have a contact form located at our help desk here.